Stop Smoking Clinic
Thinking of quitting smoking? Or are you about to try again?
Then let Elmwood Medical Centre help you!
Tobacco smoking is one of the largest preventable causes of death and disease in Australia. It is associated with an increased risk of a wide range of health conditions, including; heart disease, diabetes, stroke, cancer, renal disease, eye disease and respiratory conditions such as asthma, emphysema and bronchitis.
Elmwood Medical Centre’s team of doctors & nurses will create a personalised support plan to help you stop smoking. Your support team will help you:
- Work out why you smoke i.e. stress, habit, peer pressures and social situations
- Explain why smoking is addictive
- Understand why you want to quit
- Set realistic and achievable goals for quitting smoking
- Manage and beat the cravings
- Prescribe suitable medications