Breast Cancer Awareness
🎀 Breast Cancer Awareness Month 🎀
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease and its impact on those affected by the disease in our community.
Breast cancer remains the most common cancer among Australian women (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer). Survival rates continue to improve in Australia with 89 out of every 100 women diagnosed with invasive breast cancer now surviving five or more years beyond diagnosis.
Finding breast cancer early provides the best chance of surviving the disease. Changes to look for include:
• a new lump or lumpiness, especially if it's only in one breast
• a change in the size or shape of your breast
• a change to the nipple, such as crusting, ulcer, redness or inversion
• a nipple discharge that occurs without squeezing
• a change in the skin of your breast such as redness or dimpling
• an unusual pain that doesn't go away.
Most changes aren’t due to breast cancer but it’s important to see your doctor without delay if you notice any of these changes.
To book an appointment please call reception on 📞 02 6056 2011 or book online through https://elmwoodmedical.com.au/